Community Living Association Inc. (CLA) is a not-for-profit community organisation that was set up by a group of young people...
NDIS Disability Supports
CLA has four NDIS teams:
1. Support Coordination
2. Plan Management
3. Community Living Program
(Core & Capacity Building Supports)
(Complex Support Needs & Therapeutic Supports)
The ARROS team currently has three programs of support:
1. Outreach support: individual, holistic support for young people with an intellectual or cognitive disability
2. ARROS PLACE: Group work for young people with intellectual disability where they may have experienced care or youth justice engagement. This group supports young people to build their capacity to build relationships, life skills and to speak up for themselves and their peers.
3. Counselling and Therapy team:
- Counselling is offered through either NDIS funding or Medicare Better Access plans. Our Accredited Mental Health Social workers have skills and interest in working with people with intellectual and/or cognitive disability and young people at risk.
- Disability focused parenting education: Social workers provide specialised support to parents with intellectual disability to enhance their parenting skills and navigate the systems they interact with as parents. Parents have a diverse range of family situations and may have their children in their care full time, some of the time or through arrangements with child safety.
BEROSBEROS (Brisbane Emergency Response Outreach Service) is a consortium service between Community Living Association (lead organisation) and Micah Projects, and is funded by Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services (Brisbane Region).
COCOSCommunity Connections works with young people to address issues affecting their ability to stay at school or home and where appropriate, offers support to their families, caregivers and friends. The team also works with schools in Brisbane’s northeast, providing specialised and integrated consultancy services (Click here to read the brochure. These services are delivered through the Reconnect program, part of the Department of Social Services. For more information, contact us on (07) 3266 5199.