Research and Publications
Here is the list of publications and research articles CLA has published over the years. All publications are in pdf format.
- All of Us Booklet (All of Us book cover and All of Us content): Stories sourced from interviews with constituents and community members (2007).
- I need to sort my head out (content, Recommendation and acknowledgement): Mental Health & Well-Being in the lives of people with a learning difficulty: Report of the Dual Diagnosis Project (2002).
- Journeys of Exclusion: This report explores the relationship between statutory child protection and experiences of exclusion in the lives of children and young people who have an intellectual disability. The focus being on the impacts on family and community relationships when children journey through and finally exit the care and protection of the state (2007).
- “Normal is Everyone”: Working with people with a Learning Difficulty: Second Edition. This manual shares knowledge and practice experience. The manual is in two parts: part A – ‘I might have a learning difficulty and I am not ever going to accept anyone calling me dumb – Definitions’. part B – ‘I have a learning difficulty and I’m no different from you. I can be hurt and I can be happy – Dimensions of Practice’ (2001).
- Which way is justice : A Practice Manual for supporting people with an intellectual disability in the criminal justice system (2008).
- Talking About Bullying: People with a learning difficulty creatively address the issue of bullying in our community. This book identifies some significant impacts of bullying through the discussion of personal experiences and outlines one group’s quest to create awareness and develop strategies to stop bullying (2005).
- The Story of the 4US Savings Group – This booklet celebrates the 4US Savings Group and its achievements (2007).
- Social work with marginalized people who have a mild or boarderline intellectual disability: Practicing Gentleness and Encouraging Hope (2013).
- John’s life story – a constituent of CLA shares his story of managing alcohol addiction (2013).